New Year’s Resolutions
Hey hey hey ladies and gents, wow, it has been way too long since I’ve posted, but it’s a new year and it’s gonna be better than ever! I am so excited to share this new year with you and I cannot wait to see how the blog grows!
I don’t know about you, but I can hardly believe that 2013 is over and 2014 is here, CAH-RAZYY! Also I’m 20 now, so that happened, like what, am I seriously in my twenties already?? I guess so! Well, as I’m sure many of you have done, in hopes of looking forward to an even better new year and new decade in my life, I made a few resolutions for 2014 and my twenties in general and I figured I’d share them with you, here goes nothin’.
Daryn’s New Year’s Resolutions:
1. Read 12 books. I’m not a big reader, but I want to be, so my goal for 2014 is to constantly be reading something. I’ve started this one already by starting to re-read one of my favorite childhood books, Stargirl.
2. Drink more water. I typically drink a lot of water, but there are so many positives to drinking water so I figure I should do it even more! This year- less caffeine, more water.
3. I want to love and serve others and I want to do it well. I want to take part in the greatness that comes on the brink of utter surrender and service.
4. Read the Bible and spend time with God on the daily. One of my favorite things in the world is waking up early, watching the sunrise, reading my Bible and just sitting in the presence of my Father. I want more of that and I want to learn more about Him and what he has for me! I want this year to be the year that I gain wisdom.
5. Stop the negative self-talk! Ladies, can we all just agree to stop the negativity? Let’s make 2014 the year that once and for all we knock it off! That means no more body-bashing, no more apologizing that you look homeless because you didn’t have time to put on makeup, no more talking about how you would be so much better if just one little thing was different. No. Stop. Our words and our thoughts have so much power behind them so let’s use them to encourage, empower and love ourselves and others! Kick the negative self talk to the curb and embrace the positivity you deserve. One of my favorite ways to usher in that positivity and get your energy soaring is with positive affirmations, here are a few of my favorites I use daily:
“I am more than enough and I get better everyday.”
“Today, I abandon my old habits and take up new, more positive ones.”
“I wake up today with strength in my heart, clarity in mind, wisdom in my words and love in my actions.”
6. Go outside more often. Wether I’m at school in California or at home in Oregon I am surrounded by so many beautiful things that I never even take the time to go explore. This year I want to take in some more sun, some new views and some fresh air. I want to be apart of the world around me, not just live in it, who’s with me?!
7. Have an attitude of gratitude and write one thank you card a week. So what if it sounds cliché, being grateful is never overdone. In general, I want to be more aware of the blessings in my life and I want to give gratitude for them. I also want to write one thank you card a week as a more tangible expression of my gratitude; wether it’s to someone who changed my life that week or just the barista at Starbucks who helped me with smile, I want to take more time out of my day to let others know that they are appreciated.
Well, those are my lucky seven, here’s to a new year and a new me! What are your resolutions? Or do you have any tips for helping me accomplish mine, any book recommendations or positive affirmations you love? I’d love to hear them!
I am so excited to grow and learn with you all this year, thank you for all of your support and love in 2013, here’s to another year of greatness!
p.s. subscribe via email in the upper right hand corner to stay up to date on all things She Cleans Up Nice!
Stay golden and be beautiful,